Having one on one when you have 5 kids can be a mission, so I keep it simple. It doesn’t have to be leaving the house or going to town, it doesn’t have to cost a fortune. You have just gotta be present be in the moment, mindful, giving them your undivided attention for half an hour at least. Chat, guide, funny they learn without even realising.
- Baking – teaching them to trust and follow a process.
- Prepping tea – food safety.
- A bike ride to kick a ball around – sport and coordination.
- Planting in the garden little shop plants – nature and growing things.
- Lying on the couch snuggled up watching the block – feeling the love !!!
- Fixing or building something – creativity respect for tools.
- Just making them feel valued as an individual – making memories.
I know we are all busy working, but now my twins are older in year 10, I wish I slowed down a bit to let them catch up. Not be so task oriented, housework can wait! Now when they chill, all the kids will help ice Pipis banana creations with chocolate icing and chuck on some hundreds and thousands, fancy, quality family time right there, no technology required, Ohhh except an oven and beater.
Boom… mother of the YEAH!
Happy kids ❤️
They wanted to share with their teachers too cute! Paying it forward! (they washed their hands so safe to eat!)